Memorial Transplant Services holds a 5K Run/Walk in September to raise funds to benefit our transplant funds.
Online registration for the Transplant 5K has ended. You can register starting at 8 a.m. at the event (Hope Pavilion, Southwind Park, Springfield) on Saturday, Sept. 28.
- $30 registration fee – adults
- $20 registration fee – youth (ages 12 & under)
The run-walk begins at 9 a.m. and will take place rain or shine. For more information, call 217-588-2417.
Each year, the event raises thousands of dollars to:
- Assist patients with transportation expenses related to doctor visits
- Help provide lodging for patients and their family members during pre-transplant workup, the period immediately following transplant surgery and during periods of treatment for rejection
- Pay for prescription medication costs and/or co-pays
- Support program development as well as education for patients and staff
This event is a wonderful opportunity for patients and donor families to come together and share their stories. Speaking with others who have experienced the gift of a transplant is very healing for many donor families.