Running can contribute to overuse and acute injuries. Whether you have been running for years or just starting out, our running analysis experts will provide an examination and treatment of your running-related concerns.
Biomechanical assessments are used with a thorough musculoskeletal evaluation to address injury and performance issues. During the initial evaluation and follow-up treatment sessions, patient's receive:
- History and running review
- Orthopedic examination (flexibility, range of motion, strength, balance and skeletal alignment)
- Video analysis of running mechanics
- An appropriately designed, customized plan
Your treatment program may consist of therapeutic exercises, manual interventions and guidelines for a progressive return to your prior running level. Modifications to your running form may also be recommended to overcome inefficient running mechanics and elicit optimal energy efficiency while running.
What to Expect
- Your initial evaluation takes about an hour and includes a discussion of previous running routines, specific injuries and current ability.
- Follow-up appointments last about 45 minutes.
- Your length of treatment depends on the type and severity of the injury and what you want to accomplish.
We work with physicians to help you achieve your running goals. Running injuries will require a physician assessment with written orders for physical therapy prior to making your appointment. Injury-related evaluations and services are billed to your insurance company. Please contact your insurance company to verify your coverage.
Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays
7 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
8:30 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Call 217-862-0444 to schedule appointment or for more information.