Active or formerly active adults over the age of 40 face unique challenges and health considerations to stay in shape, or to get back in shape without injury. The Over 40 Fitness Program is designed to provide exercise and nutritional instruction for those who want to improve or maintain their current athletic performance.
Phase I of Over 40 Fitness is a 10-week interactive course beginning at designated times throughout the year. Weekly, physician-led, interactive group discussions, one-on-one exercise sessions guided by a SportsCare exercise physiologist and progress monitoring by a health coach are included.
2017 Phase 1 class schedule
Begins May 3, 2017 (10 weeks)
Begins September 6, 2017 (10 weeks)
Time: Wednesday, 6 - 7:30 p.m.
Place: Gus & Flora Kerasotes YMCA, 550 W. Iles Ave., Room 109 a
For each class, please bring your work-out clothes. For the first class, bring your complete medication list and any other medical information pertaining to your current health and fitness level. A base-line health review will be performed by a primary care physician, with a week 5 progress check and final evaluation at the last class.
Phase I Weekly Topics:
- Biometric testing with fitness age and effects of aging and exercise benefits
- Nutrition counseling
- Sports psychology
- Aerobic conditioning and cardiovascular education
- Strength training
- Group fitness options
- Flexibility and balance
- Biking, running & walking
- Recovery/easy workouts
- Biometric testing, fitness age retest and independent goal assessment
Over 40 Fitness Phase 1: $300 for 10 weeks
- 10-week interactive course
- Workout sessions led by a SportsCare exercise physiologist
- Progress monitoring by a SportsCare health coach
Over 40 Fitness Phase 2
- If you join the YMCA, the enrollment fee is waived and monthly membership fees vary.
Call 217-862-0444 to schedule appointment or for more information.