Our pediatric yoga program is led a physical therapist, and the goal is to have fun. Group classes are offered for children ages 5 and older. All children are welcome.
Pediatric yoga teaches children to cultivate healthy habits, while enjoying the benefits of yoga. These general goals lead to improved success in school, athletics, health and life.
Impacts on physical health include:
- Improving respiration/deep breathing
- Improving circulation
- Increasing strength
- Increasing flexibility
- Improving balance/stability
- Improving alignment/posture
- Aiding digestion
- Promoting sound sleep
- Decreasing stress
Impacts on mental health include:
- Improving focus and attention
- Promoting calming/relaxing/slowing down
- Feeling present
- Promoting emotional health/stability
- Providing coping strategies for stress
- Improving self-awareness
- Improving self-esteem
- Improving self-respect
- Increasing respect for diversity and others
Classes are conducted in a relaxed, welcoming environment allowing for regular interaction among the students and instructor. Storytelling, games and art may be included, and laughter is expected.
For more information, call 217-862-0400 or email us.