Pediatric occupational therapy at Koke Mill focuses on working with children from birth to 18 years of age. A child may be referred to occupational therapy because of a developmental delay or disability caused by illness, accident or a condition present at birth. Each patient referred will be evaluated by a certified licensed occupational therapist. After an evaluation, therapy goals will be set. Activities in each treatment session will help the child carry out daily activities.
Occupational Therapy treatments may include the following:
- Neurodevelopmental techniques
- Sensory integration techniques
- Motor-learning strategies
- Upper extremity strength training
- Functional training (activities of daily living)
- Balance and coordination training
- Parent and family education
- Fine motor techniques
For more information, call 217-862-0400.