We help people recovering from illness or injury regain independence and get back to the daily activities they enjoy. Our interdisciplinary team, including rehabilitation and consulting physicians; physical, speech, and occupational therapists; psychologists; rehabilitation nurses; social service and case managers; dietitians; other specialty staff will work with you and your family to help you recover and reach your goals.
Our goal is to help you overcome barriers to return home safely, so you can resume productive daily activities.
About inpatient rehab
Expect to be active and to work hard each day on your treatment goals. Wear comfortable exercise-style clothing and shoes. Because it is important to practice your skills with social interaction, private rooms are only available for medical reasons authorized by your rehabilitation physician.
Charges for inpatient rehabilitation in 2017 averaged approximately $3,590 per day, though actual charges will vary with the nature of your program and your length of stay. As a Medicare-approved unit, Medicare beneficiaries receive full funding for their inpatient rehabilitation stay.
Call your insurance provider before you start inpatient rehab to make sure it is fully covered and you understand the costs to you. Our case managers will help you understand the financial aspects of our program and talk with your insurer to ensure your insurance benefits are maximized.
For more information about Memorial's Rehabilitation Center, call the rehab admissions coordinator at 217- 757-7298 or the rehab screener at 217-588-4685.
Why CARF means better quality
Memorial Inpatient Rehab is a unique, high quality regional resource. We are the only program in our region to be accredited by CARF.
When you choose a CARF-accredited program, it means the program passed an in-depth review of its services by an outside agency and conforms to nationally and internationally recognized service standards. A CARF-accredited program assures you that:
- The rehabilitation program has made a commitment to continually enhance the quality of its services and programs.
- The seal of quality has been awarded to the rehabilitation facility because it has delivered positive results.
- The rehabilitation facility believes that only the consumer can evaluate quality.
Therefore, the program asks you if you’re satisfied with your services through a satisfaction survey.
- The treatment planning is done by a team that includes you in decision-making and is designed to meet your unique needs and preferences.
- The rehabilitation facility is responsive to your questions about your plan and services. It makes sure you have and understand the information you need.