We seek to improve the functional living skills of persons recovering from disabling medical illness or injury. Intensive inpatient treatment is provided by an interdisciplinary team, including rehabilitation and consulting physicians; physical, speech, and occupational therapists; psychologists; rehabilitation nurses; social service and case managers; dietitians; other specialty staff; as well as you and your family.
Our goal is to help you overcome barriers to safely returning home, and to foster successful return to productive daily activities.
Memorial Inpatient Rehab is a unique, high quality regional resource. We are the only program in our region to be accredited by CARF.
What does it mean to be CARF accredited?
When you choose a CARF-accredited program, it means the program passed an in-depth review of its services by an outside agency and conforms to nationally and internationally recognized service standards. A CARF-accredited program assures you that:
- The rehabilitation program has made a commitment to continually enhance the quality of its services and programs.
- The seal of quality has been awarded to the rehabilitation facility because it has delivered positive results.
- The rehabilitation facility believes that only the consumer can evaluate quality. Therefore, the program asks you, the consumer, if you’re satisfied with your services through a satisfaction survey.
- The treatment planning is done by a team that includes you in decision-making and is designed to meet your unique needs and preferences.
- The rehabilitation facility is responsive to your questions about your plan and services. It makes sure you have and understand the information you need.
What can I expect to occur during inpatient rehabilitation?
Expect to be an active team member and to work hard each day on your treatment goals. You are encouraged to wear comfortable exercise-style clothing and shoes. Because practicing your skills in social interaction with others is critical, private rooms are only available for medical reasons authorized by your rehabilitation physician.
What does inpatient rehabilitation cost?
Charges for inpatient rehabilitation in 2015 averaged approximately $3,472 per day, though actual charges will vary with the nature of your program and your length of stay. As a Medicare-approved unit, Medicare beneficiaries receive full funding for their inpatient rehabilitation stay. Memorial works with commercial payers to arrange appropriate authorizations to ensure your benefits are maximized. Patients are encouraged to discuss their inpatient rehab benefits with their insurer prior to being admitted to the program. Our case managers will also assist you in understanding the financial aspects of our program, and coordinate communication with your insurer.
For more information about Memorial's Rehabilitation Center, call the Rehab Admissions Coordinator at 217- 757-7298 or the Rehab Screener at 217-588-4685.