The department of Pharmacy utilizes an advanced robotic dispensing system which allows unit-based pharmacists to provide a wide variety of clinical pharmacy services. Memorial is a clinical practice site for SIUE School of Pharmacy faculty, with practices in internal medicine and infectious diseases. Pharmacists participate in many hospital committees and provide education to physicians and other healthcare professionals.
Clinical pharmacy services include:
- Rounding on critical care, internal medicine, trauma, transplant, bariatric surgery, stroke team and neurocritical care
- Heart failure disease state management
- Unit-Based Medication Therapy Management
- Antimicrobial stewardship
- General drug information
- Pharmacokinetic dosing
- Investigational drug services
- ED clinical pharmacists
Memorial Medical Center is a 500 bed teaching community hospital that serves as a primary teaching site for the Southern Illinois University School of Medicine (SIU-SOM). Memorial also serves as a pharmacy teaching site for the Southern Illinois University Edwardsville School of Pharmacy (SIUE-SOP), Midwestern University and St. Louis College of Pharmacy.