Registered Dietitians (RDs) oversee the diet orders for patients at Memorial Medical Center through room service dining. The patients, or their family members, may call the Food and Nutrition Services office at 217-788-DINE (3463) to place the order for their meals between 6:30 a.m. and 8:30 p.m. every day. Many menu options are available.
Besides serving patients in the 19 critical, medical, surgical and rehabilitation patient care floors, Memorial dietitians’ expertise benefits specialized areas of patient care including:
- Placement of post-pyloric feeding tubes
- Critical care internship rotation for Illinois State University dietetic interns
- Parental nutrition care guidelines
- Kidney transplant program
- Lung volume reduction surgery
- DREAM Team: Diabetes, Resource, Education and Management Team
- Inpatient intensive rehab unit
- Regional Burn Center
Clinical dietitians educate patients and their families about heart disease, healthy weight management, healthy holiday ideas, children’s nutrition and specialty diets including low-sodium and gluten-free. To contact an inpatient clinical dietitian, call the Food and Nutrition office at 217-788-3475.