Nutrition is an important part of good health. Eating right can prevent and treat heart disease, stroke, cancer, high blood pressure, diabetes and cirrhosis (liver disease). Nutrition can also help manage high-risk pregnancies, gastrointestinal diseases, high cholesterol, high blood sugar and other conditions.
Our expert registered dietitians (RDs) can help. We will assess your nutrition status and create a nutrition therapy plan that works with your eating habits, lifestyle, budget and nutrient needs. You must be referred by a physician for individual appointments and group sessions.
Nutrition Education & Counseling
Memorial's RDs develop well-balanced nutrition and lifestyle goals individualized for patients with the following conditions or needs:
- Weight management
- Heart disease and elevated lipids
- High blood pressure
- Celiac disease/Gluten intolerance
- Kidney disease
- Gastrointestinal disorders, such as irritable bowel syndrome, diverticulosis or Crohn's
- Nutrition during pregnancy and lactation
- Unintentional Weight Loss
- General nutrition and disease prevention
To schedule a dietitian appointment, call Memorial Nutrition Services at 217-788-3948, or email us at MemorialWeightLossAndWellness@mhsil.com. You must have a referral from a physician.