Criteria for admission to Memorial Hospice at Heritage
- Three-day qualifying hospital stay (three midnights) prior to admission
- Patient’s care requires a “skilled need” (as defined by Medicare skilled nursing facility conditions of participation)
- Goal of comfort, rather than curative treatment
The Memorial Hospice at Heritage staff is specially trained in the hospice philosophy of care. They understand the needs of the hospice patient and hold expanded knowledge and training in pain and symptom management. Staff embraces the interdisciplinary approach to caring for patients not only medically, but also spiritually and emotionally.
Our Care Team consists of the following:
- Medical Director - Dushyant Patel, MD, Springfield Clinic
- Registered nurses
- Licensed practical nurses
- Social workers
- Spiritual support staff
- Grief support staff
Special amenities allow you to focus your time and energy where it is needed most—on your loved one.
- Private patient rooms
- Comfortable in-room family seating
- In-room fold-down accommodations for overnight stays
- Family lounge areas
- Free Wi-Fi access
- Kitchenette (includes ice, beverage and small appliance) access
- Visitor shower areas
Grief and Family Support
Memorial Hospice at Heritage has partnered with Memorial Home Services Hospice to provide grief support services for up to 13 months after a loved one has passed. Families may receive mailings, invitations to annual memorial services and attend grief support groups.
For additional information regarding Memorial Hospice at Heritage admission criteria, insurance requirements or questions, call 217–789–0930.