Giving birth is one of life's most important events. Memorial Medical Center's Family Maternity Suites is here to provide you with a safe and nurturing environment as you welcome your baby into the world. A skilled team of expert physicians and Magnet-designated nurses support moms and babies through labor and delivery in an intimate, family friendly setting.
You will labor, deliver and recover in the same room. Afterward, to provide a quieter, more relaxing atmosphere, you will move to a private postpartum suite.
We concentrate on what's really important – the bond between you and your child. When your baby arrives, we encourage you to keep your child in your room as much as you desire – day and night – to help you establish a warm and nurturing relationship. If your baby needs extra attention, our Level II Nursery can provide care for your baby at any time. Neonatologists and neonatal nurse practitioners provide 24/7 coverage to ensure that every baby is healthy and thriving.
Normal visiting hours are between 10 a.m. and 8 p.m. To create a comfortable atmosphere for Mom and baby, we make every effort to allow family and friends to be present in your private postpartum suite.
If your baby is in the Level II Nursery, there are special guidelines for visiting:
- Parents and grandparents may visit two at a time.
- Grandparents may visit one at a time when accompanied by a parent
- Siblings under the age of 13 can see the infant from the viewing window
- Family and friends may visit one at a time when accompanied by either mother or father.
- All visitors in the Level II Nursery must wash hands prior to visiting the infant.
For more information about Family Maternity Suites or to schedule a tour, please call 217-788-3280. To register for Expectant Parents' Classes, please register online.