Please report to the admitting and information desk in Memorial's Capitol lobby about 15 minutes before your appointment.
After registration, you'll be directed to the Lincoln Elevators. Go to the third floor. After you exit the elevator, the clinical neurophysiology laboratory will be to your right.
If you must cancel, let us know at least 24 hours ahead of time. If this isn't possible, call us as soon as possible at 217-788-3911.
Sleep Times Before Your Test
For the most accurate test results, we need you to sleep. The time required for the test depends on how quickly you can fall asleep.
- 60-plus: Try to stay awake all night. Please don't compromise your health and well-being but try to come in sleepy and tired.
- 18-59 years: Stay up all night.
- 10-17 years: Stay up all night. You may nap from 9 p.m. until midnight.
- 5-9 years: Stay up until 11 p.m. and awaken at 4 a.m.
- 1-4 years: Put your child to bed three hours after normal bedtime. Wake two hours before normal wake time. Bring sleep aids such as pacifiers.
- 7-11 months: Put your baby to bed two hours after normal bedtime. Wake two hours before normal wake time. Bring morning bottle to drink during the EEG. Bring diapers and sleep aids, such as pacifiers.
- 4-6 months: Put your baby to bed two hours after normal bedtime. Wake two hours before normal wake time. Please plan on giving a morning bottle to your child during the EEG. Bring diapers and sleep aids, such as pacifiers.
- Birth-3 months: Using parental discretion, bring your baby in a sleeper outfit. Bring bottle, diapers and sleep aids, such as pacifiers.
Tips to Prepare for Your Test
Children: If your child is accustomed to sleeping with a special stuffed toy or blanket, feel free to bring it. We encourage parents to stay with young children during the entire procedure.
Meals: You may have regular meals; however, avoid any stimulants such as coffee, tea or caffeinated beverages before testing.
Medications: Take all regular medications.
Hair: Shampoo hair before arriving for your test. Hair should be clean and free from grease, oil, hairspray or gel. After the test, you may want to wash your hair, due to the cream applied for your test.
For more information, please call 217-788-3911, or email us.