Submitted by Marc A. Brown
For the crust:
- 3 T Margarine (light margarines such as Smart Balance light are acceptable, as this recipe will not be baked)
- 8 oz Voortman's SF chocolate chip cookies
- 1 t Cocoa powder
- 1/2 t Cinnamon
For the filling:
- 1/2 C Splenda granulated
- 1/2 C Cocoa powder
- 8 oz Fat free cream cheese
- 8 oz Sugar-free Cool Whip
- 1 t Vanilla extract
- Pulse cookies, cocoa powder (for crust), and cinnamon in a food processor until finely ground.
- Add melted margarine, and blend until evenly moistened.
- Press very firmly onto bottom of 9 inch spring form pan or 9 inch deep dish pie plate and set aside.
- Blend cream cheese, Cool Whip, sugar, cocoa powder, and vanilla together until fluffy.
- Spoon into crust.
- Chill at least 2 hours.
Notes: Serves 8 "normal" slices or 16 slices for a bariatric post-op.
Approximate nutrition info for 1/16 of the cheesecake (a "bariatric portion"):
130.5 calories (58 cal from fat)
6.5 g fat (3 g sat. fat)
2.5 mg cholesterol
149 mg sodium 18 g carbohydrates (0.7 g fiber, 1.3 g sugars)
3 g protein
Recipe contains some sugar alcohols (from the cookies).