Visitors are welcome at Memorial. The main lobby entrance is open between 4:30 a.m. and 9 p.m., seven days a week. Our information desk staff can help you find where you want to be in the hospital.
Visiting hours may be set by the patient care unit, and be different to meet the needs of the unit and the individual patient. Check with each unit for specific visiting hours. We also ask for quiet in all units, as we strive to create a healing environment. Quiet Time is observed daily from 1 p.m. - 3 p.m. and from 10 p.m. - 6 a.m.
Because it's important for patient care and safety, and because we must comply with the requirements of the Illinois Department of Public Health, family and friends must follow these rules:
- Children under 12 years of age must have an adult with them.
- Patients may only have two visitors at a time. Additional visitors should wait in the unit's lobby area or in the main lobby.
- Visitors may not smoke, use tobacco or smokeless cigarettes in the medical center or on our campus, including entrance ways and parking lots.
- Visitors will not be allowed to bring food into the medical center without permission of the nursing unit and may not eat in patient rooms.
- No visitors after 8:30 p.m. in double rooms with a roommate.
Specific visiting hours are established by the individual patient care unit and may vary according to the needs of the unit and the individual patient. Please check with each unit for specific visiting hours.
In the interest of patient care, safety and security, visitors will not be allowed to stay overnight in a patient's room except in special circumstances and with permission of the charge nurse.
If you have questions about visitors or visiting hours, contact your nurse or patient representative.
For a listing of nearby hotels in the Springfield area, visit the Springfield Illinois Conventions and Visitors Bureau. (Memorial Medical Center is located next to the SIU School of Medicine on their map.)