We're letting patients know It's OK to Ask for help or let us know they are uncomfortable or in pain. Asking for help the most important thing patients (or their family members or guardians) can do to prevent a fall during their hospital stay.
Patients are reminded to:
- Keep their call button within easy reach.
- Ask for help to the bathroom - especially at night.
- Always wear slippers with rubber soles to protect against slipping.
- Keep their eyeglasses within easy reach.
- Make sure there is enough light to see their way when out of their hospital bed.
- Ask anyone assisting with their care to clean up any fluids or spills that might be on the floor.