MHQA Annual Patient Safety & Engagement Symposium
An Innovative Exploration of Patient Safety & Engagement
Journey with us as we explore patient engagement and process improvement from national leaders who started as patients and became strong advocates for communication and healthcare safety; and a renown healthcare researcher utilizing simulation modeling technology for improvements in complex healthcare processes.
This symposium is for providers of all types – physicians, residents, nurses, students, therapists and all members of the healthcare team, and will include hands-on simulation activities within the Memorial Center for Learning and Innovation.
• Relate how disrespect can lead to patient harm
• Explain the importance for having plain-language conversations with
patients when distributing educational materials
• Define the ETeam concept and how it is used to foster patient
• Apply the concepts and utilization of the ETeam tools to build trust
between providers and patients in ambulatory settings
• Describe how simulation and modeling tools can be used for
systematic analysis and optimization of complex system processes and
• List examples of how virtual simulation can be applied to complex
processes within a tertiary care medical center and ambulatory settings
• Describe how proposed process changes can be placed in a virtual
model before live simulation activity
Registration opens August 1, 2016. Limited seating available. Visit MHQA.org for more information and to register.