Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Provider Renewal
05/16 - 05/16/2020
These courses are open to the general public and are held at Memorial Medical Center at the Memorial Center for Learning and Innovation in Springfield, Illinois.
This advanced course highlights the importance of high-performance team dynamics and communication, systems of care, recognition and intervention of cardiopulmonary arrest, immediate post-cardiac arrest, acute dysrhythmia, stroke, and acute coronary syndromes (ACS).
WHO SHOULD TAKE THE COURSE?
Healthcare professionals who either direct or participate in the management of cardiopulmonary arrest or other cardiovascular emergencies and are renewing their certification. This includes personnel in emergency response, emergency medicine, intensive care, and critical care units such as physicians, nurses, and paramedics.
- Basic life support skills, including effective chest compressions, use of a bag-mask device, and use of an AED
- Recognition and early management of respiratory and cardiac arrest
- Recognition and early management of peri-arrest conditions such as symptomatic bradycardia
- Airway management
- Related pharmacology
- Management of ACS and stroke
- Effective communication as a member and leader of a resuscitation team
Preparation is key to success in ACLS. Obtaining a book and completing the pre-test is required prior to attending the course! You are required to bring your completed pre-test and submit it to your instructor at the beginning of class.
- The course fee is $144 for renewal course (price includes textbook).
- Payment is due at the start of the class and can be paid by cash or check only.
The use of American Heart Association materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the American Heart Association. Any fees charged for such a course, except for the portion of fees needed for AHA cards and course materials, do not represent income to the American Heart Association.
All classes will be held at the Memorial's Center for Learning and Innovation at Memorial Medical Center in Springfield, Illinois. The center is located at 228 W. Miller St, Springfield,
This class is for the renewal course for ACLS. You will only attend one day of class.
- Time: THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELED
- Location: THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELED