The Pastoral Care Department of Memorial Medical Center supports patients, families, visitors and hospital staff through the provision of
spiritual and religious ministries, and supports community clergy ministry with their own membership visitation.
Our team includes:
- Four Full-Time Board-Certified Staff Chaplains
- Fourteen On-Call/Per-Diem Chaplains
- Five Volunteer/Adjunct Chaplains
- Forty Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion from the Catholic Church
- Three Per-Diem Catholic Priests providing Sacraments seven days a week and Mass on Wednesdays at 4:15 p.m. in the Henry Bunn Chapel
- One full-time Administrative Assistant
- Seven office volunteers
If you wish to be visited by a chaplain or if there is any other service we can provide to you, contact the Pastoral Care Department.
- An on-call Chaplain is available 24/7 for urgent or crisis ministry and can be reached through the hospital operator or by calling (217) 788-3585.
- Our office hours are Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. The chaplain is available weekdays from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m.
An on-call chaplain is available evenings and weekends for emergencies. The office is located on the first floor in B-126.
- Henry Bunn Memorial Chapel is located on the first floor near Admission and Testing and is open at all times for prayer and meditation. All are welcome.
Chaplains provide a variety of services to patients upon request, referral or patient care assessment. A request for Pastoral Care services may be made by a patient, family or friend of a patient, community clergy or any member of the treatment team. We will also collaborate with community clergy upon request.
Gifts of Gratitude
Many patients and their families express their gratitude for care at Memorial with gifts to expand our spiritual care program.
Contributions should be identified as "Pastoral Care Enrichment" and may be sent to the
Memorial Medical Center Foundation office. For additional information, please call Memorial's Pastoral Care Department at (217) 788-3585 or
visit the Memorial Medical Foundation.