MASH - Memorial Annually Supports Health
Memorial's Annual Employee Giving Campaign
Every year, Memorial Health System employees have the opportunity to make a difference in our organization through philanthropy during the MASH campaign. Whether big or small, the combined gifts have a great impact on Memorial’s employees and the people and communities we serve.
The 2016 MASH Campaign
The campaign begins April 18 and ends May 15.
In 1989, a group of Memorial employees developed a plan to encourage co-workers to donate money for projects and programs at Memorial Medical Center. This early effort became known as MASH, which now stands for Memorial Annually Supports Health. The annual MASH campaign includes employees who work for Memorial Medical Center, Memorial Physician Services, Memorial Homes Services, Memorial Behavioral Health and Memorial Health System Corporate.
Since the first campaign 27 years ago, Memorial employees have donated more than $4.5 million through MASH to support patient care, education, research and co-workers throughout Memorial Health System.
MASH Funds At Work
By donating to the annual giving campaign, employees can improve the lives of patients and co-workers. MASH emphasizes donor choice, so employees decide how their gift is used. Donations to MASH can be unrestricted or restricted.
Unrestricted MASH Donations
Unrestricted donations are used where the need is greatest and help Memorial Medical Center’s Foundation provide grants for patient care, education and research throughout Memorial Health System’s affiliates. Departments, units and affiliates with specific needs may apply for funding through the Foundation. Click here to access the grant applications and guidelines.
Some recent examples of grants include:
- Funding to obtain recognition from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention as a diabetes prevention recognition program and develop a community-based program to prevent or delay the onset of diabetes through lifestyle changes.
- A conference about quality and safety issues that impact patient outcomes and enhance critical thinking of clinical employees.
- The purchase of four iPads and related equipment to educate patients and families about managing heart failure.
Restricted MASH Donations
If employees choose to restrict their MASH donation, they can specify their gift for one of the following: a department, unit, fund or Memorial affiliate such as Memorial Behavioral Health.
Some examples of how restricted MASH funds have been spent include:
- Boogie Board eWriters for staff on 2G.
- WhiteCoat Clipboards for 5B healthcare providers.
- Education materials for cardiopulmonary rehab patients.
- Licensing exam fees and registration and travel expenses for educational conferences.
- Helping a co-worker experiencing severe financial strain as a result of a tragic event.
MASH Donor Wall
The MASH Donor Wall, located outside of Memorial Medical Center's cafeteria, recognizes the generous support of employees who have made a donation to the annual campaign. Next time you visit Memorial Medical Center, be sure to take a look at the impressive list of employees who are making a difference within our organization by giving back.
The annual MASH campaign is coordinated by a committee of employees who represent a cross-section of participating Memorial Health System affiliates. These employees volunteer their time to plan the events during the one-month campaign and make presentations to educate their co-workers about MASH.
For more information about our annual employee giving campaign, please contact the Memorial Medical Center Foundation at 217-788-4700.