Chest Pain Center
If you need emergency care, call 911 and stay on the phone for assistance, or visit Memorial's Emergency Department.
Memorial's Chest Pain Center is located in our Emergency Room.
If you're experiencing chest pain, Memorial's Emergency Department with a dedicated Cardiac Response Team is ready to help stop a heart attack in its tracks.
- Cardiac Response Team members begin treatment and diagnosis within 30 seconds of arrival of a patient experiencing chest pain.
- An EKG is completed within 10 minutes. A Cardiac Response Team physician completes the patient evaluation within 25 minutes.
- When necessary, the Cardiac Response Team physician consults with a cardiologist and a Cardiac Catheterization Lab team is paged.
- Procedure to open blocked blood vessels in the heart is performed in Memorial's Cardiac Catheterization Lab - where over 8,700 heart catheterizations are performed annually.
- Procedures, on average, are completed within 65 minutes of patient arrival at Memorial's Emergency Department, 25 minutes faster than American College of Cardiology guidelines for such procedures.
- Memorial's Chest Pain Center is equipped with a dedicated, "speed-of-light" CAT scanner -- the only Emergency Department in Springfield equipped with such a unit.
- Memorial's integrated, online medical imaging services provide high-speed, expert interpretation of advanced x-rays.
- Our expert on-staff radiologists are available to consult with physicians 24/7/365.
If you need more information, call (217) 788-3030, or email us.