Is Bariatric Surgery Right For You?
Are you morbidly obese?
- Body Mass Index (BMI) greater than or equal to 40.
- Or a BMI > 35 with serious associated (co-morbid) medical conditions.
- Calculate your BMI.
Do you have health-related problems related to obesity?
Common problems include:
- Type II Diabetes
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Hypercholesterolemia (high cholesterol)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux (GERD)
- Degenerative joint disease
- Urinary "stress" incontinence
- Sleep disorders
- Back pain (degenerative spine disease)
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Chronic ankle edema
- Chronic cardiopulmonary deconditioning
Are you motivated to make life-long changes to your eating and activity level?
Do you have social support?
Do you have a willingness to work with a team of healthcare professionals to help you reach your weight loss goals?
Can you make a commitment to life-long follow-up care?