SportsCare Women's Biathlon Volunteer Opportunities
Are you interested in volunteering at the biathlon? We need fun, energetic and reliable individuals. Bring your bells and whistles and cheer for the participants as you help direct them along the biathlon route! Past volunteers have said this is a very uplifting and encouraging experience.
Help is needed in all areas and community service hours are available. All areas require an early arrival but are completed by noon. Volunteer activities include:
- Course Monitor (help make traffic aware of participants)
- Drink/Aid Stations (hand out water, call for aid if needed)
- Body Marking (put participants' bib numbers on them)
- Transition Area (monitor area, help participants into area and exit area)
- Finish Line (hand participants water, remove their timing chip, distribute finishers' medals)
The volunteer meeting will be at the Koke Mill Medical Center at 7:30 a.m. on Sunday, September 23. At that time you will receive your location assignment, t-shirt, emergency contact phone list, and goodie bag. Some areas will require an earlier arrival. If that is necessary, we will contact you before the event. Refreshments will be available for all volunteers.
Download the Volunteer Consent Form and bring the completed form with you the morning of the event. The Volunteer Consent from USAT must be signed before you can volunteer at the event.
Do you have questions about being a volunteer? Email us.