Our pediatric yoga program led a physical therapist. Group classes are offered for children ages five and older. All children are welcome.
The goal of this program is to provide children with the opportunity to experience the benefits of yoga and cultivate healthy habits. These general goals lead to improved success in school, athletics, health and life.
Impacts on physical health include:
- Improving respiration/deep breathing
- Improving circulation
- Increasing strength
- Increasing flexibility
- Improving balance/stability
- Improving alignment/posture
- Aiding digestion
- Promoting sound sleep
- Decreasing stress
Impacts on mental health include:
- Improving focus and attention
- Promoting calming/relaxing/slowing down
- Feeling present
- Promoting emotional health/stability
- Providing coping strategies for stress
- Improving self-awareness
- Improving self-esteem
- Improving self-respect
- Increasing respect for diversity and others
What to expect
The primary goal of this program is to have fun.
Classes are conducted in a relaxed, welcoming environment allowing for regular interaction among the students and instructor. Storytelling, games and art may be included, and laughter is expected.
For more information, call (217) 862-0400 or email us.