Admission to Memorial's Family Maternity Suites
If you arrive between 5 a.m. and 8 p.m. on weekdays or between 6 a.m. and 8 p.m. on weekends and holidays, use the main entrance at First and Miller streets.
If you arrive after 8 p.m., enter through the Emergency Department entrance on Rutledge Street.
Parking is available directly across the street from the main entrance. Valet parking is also available.
We want to make your registration as quick as possible. To avoid delay and inconvenience at the time of admission, please complete a preregistration form and return it to us. Or, Preregister Online. By providing complete and accurate information, you can assure yourself of a smooth registration and admission.
If you have any questions, please call Memorial's Admitting Department at (217) 788-3709 or (217) 788-3124.
What to Bring
- Gowns, pajamas or robe
- Socks, footies or slippers
- Toiletry items including chapstick
- Lotion or powder
- Camera, extra film, memory cards and batteries
- Camcorder and videotape
- Snack for labor coach
- Books, games, or video games
- Laptop computer (Memorial provides wi-fi access)
- Sour pop
- Tools for back pressure
- An outfit for the baby's hospital picture and to wear home
- Baby book (for footprints)
- Car seat (leave the base in the car)