Please remember, a quiet environment is a healing environment.
Visitors are welcome at Memorial. Because it's important for patient care and safety and because we must comply with the requirements of the Illinois Department of Public Health, we ask that family and friends follow these rules:
- Children under 12 years of age may visit when accompanied by an adult.
- Visitors will be limited to no more than two at any one time. Additional visitors will be asked to wait in the unit's lobby area or in the main lobby.
- Visitors may not smoke, use tobacco or smokeless cigarettes in the medical center or on our campus, including entranceways and parking lots.
- Visitors will not be allowed to bring food into the medical center without permission of the nursing unit and may not eat in patient rooms.
- No visitors after 8:30 p.m. in double rooms with a roommate.
- Quiet Time is observed daily from 1 p.m. - 3 p.m. and from 10 p.m. - 6 a.m.
Specific visiting hours are established by the individual patient care unit and may vary according to the needs of the unit and the individual patient. Please check with each unit for specific visiting hours.
In the interest of patient care, safety and security, overnight visiting is discouraged. Visitors will not be allowed to stay overnight in a patient's room except in extenuating circumstances and with permission of the charge nurse.
Contact your nurse or patient representative for clarification of your specific visiting hours or if you have any questions regarding these regulations.
For a listing of nearby hotels in the Springfield area, visit the Springfield Illinois Conventions and Visitors Bureau.
(Memorial Medical Center is located next to the Southern Illinois School of Medicine on their map.)