The TeleNeurology Program At Memorial Stroke Center
Partnering With You to Provide Fast, Effective Care for Your Stroke Patients.
Each year, an estimated 795,000 Americans have strokes. When a stroke patient comes through the doors of your hospital, you know that time is brain.
Now you now have access to a 24/7 team of experts to partner with you to quickly identify acute stroke patients and administer the most effective and appropriate treatments that can improve your patients’ outcomes.
Through the Memorial’s Teleneurology technology, our TEAMSTROKE stroke specialists examine patients at your hospital to help diagnose conditions and recommend treatment options. Using two-way audio and video conferencing technology, we virtually eliminate the distance and save precious minutes to give your patients immediate access to our TEAMSTROKE experts.
The advantages of partnering with Memorial Stroke Center include:
- 24/7/365 access to our TEAMSTROKE experts
- Access to neurointerventional radiology and neurosurgery services
- Real-time audio-videoconferencing and transmission of medical images for faster evaluation of stroke patients and improved ease of collaboration on treatment options
- Joint Commission Primary Stroke Center Certification assistance
- Decreasing length of stay in your Emergency Department
- Increasing satisfaction among your emergency physicians
Our goal is to partner with you to enhance stroke care in your community. We will strive to keep treatments and other care for your patients within your community.
How TEAMSTROKE Works
Memorial's Telestroke technology uses real-time audio-videoconferencing to provide community hospitals like yours with 24-hour access to stroke-trained neurologists.
- When a patient arrives at your hospital, your Emergency Department (ED) staff quickly perform an initial assessment and diagnostic tests. With our auduio-videoconferencing technology in your ED, your physicians and staff connect with our on-call stroke neurologists.
- Physicians connect through a secure web camera video so the patient can be examined remotely.
- The stroke neurologist will perform a rapid assessment of the patient.
- Neuroimages obtained at your community hospital are transmitted electronically and displayed on Memorial’s local computer and interpreted quickly by our stroke neurologist for real-time consultation.
- Treatment options can be discussed, ordered, implemented and monitored by both the clinical team at the community hospital and the stroke neurologist at Memorial.
- If a higher level of care is necessary, MemorialACCESS, our streamlined patient transfer process, can be initiated and the patient can receive additional care at Memorial Medical Center.
Working together, the two teams decide on the best treatment based on established and evidence-based stroke protocols.
Click on a link below to meet ourTEAMSTROKE physicians.
Telestroke technology provides rural and community hospitals like yours with access to the expertise of those with Memorial's TEAMSTROKE, part of Memorial Stroke Center, a primary stroke center recognized by The Joint Commission.
This expertise-on-demand helps you rapidly evaluate and treat acute ischemic stroke patients and triage and stabilize hemorrhagic stroke patients.
The vast majority of strokes are ischemic. Treatment with a life-saving, clot-busting drug (tPA) must occur within a few hours of the stroke’s onset. With our Telestroke technology, patients can be diagnosed more rapidly. This means your physicians can administer tPA within the crucial window of time, minimize stroke deficits, maximize stroke outcomes and allow your patients to stay close to home and in their community.
In some cases, patients will require a higher level of care. Once your patient is transferred to Memorial Medical Center,TEAMSTROKE guarantees that the patient will be offered all advanced treatment options. Our dedicated neurointerventional radiologist can use minimally invasive technologies to thread tiny catheters and wires through a patient’s blood vessels to eliminate clots and restore blood flow to the brain.
Our Teleneurology Program
- Reduces the time it takes to identify and treat stroke patients with life-saving, clot-busting drugs.
- Lessens the stroke deficits and improves the outcomes for your patients.
- Speeds up collaboration and consultation between your team and ours.
- Transmits images electronically to our stroke specialist for real-time consultations.
- Helps to keep your patients in their community or, when warranted, transfers them quickly to Memorial Medical Center for neurointerventional care.
For more information, contact Amanda Conn, RN, program coordinator for the Memorial Stroke Center, at (217) 788-3693 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Great Patient Care. Every Patient. Every Time.
Learn more about Memorial Stroke Center and our full range of care options for stroke patients.