Memorial’s 26th Annual Festival of Trees Announces People’s Choice Winners
The following businesses and individuals were winners of the People’s Choice awards at the 26th annual Memorial’s Festival of Trees:
- Showcase: Stephanie V. Marcy Interior Design, designed by Stephanie Marcy-Geyston, Judith Marcy, Sydney Geyston and Lou Marcy of Springfield
- 7-foot tree: Designed by Judy, Tom, Sarah and Kendra Blalock of Springfield
- 4-foot tree: Designed by Karen Sunderlin of Springfield
- Wreath: Capitol Retirement Village – Beauty Salon, designed by Roxana Talley of Springfield
- Centerpiece: Fifth Street Flower Shop, designed by Lee Ann, Nicki, Thea and Rose of Springfield
- Student tree – High School: Athens High School of Athens
- Student tree – Middle School: Franklin Middle School of Springfield
- Gingerbread structure – Adult: Meagan Warnke Stancomb of Williamsfield
- Gingerbread structure – Child: Sophia Walter of Rochester
An estimated 35,000 visitors attended the 2015 Memorial’s Festival of Trees, which featured more than 200 decorated trees and wreaths and attractions, such as the Gingerbread Village, Boutique, Little Elves’ Workshop, Candy Cane Express Train and Holiday Kitchen.
Memorial’s Festival of Trees began in 1989 as an event to benefit the health care programs offered by Memorial Medical Center. Since then, the festival has raised more than $3.9 million for health-related projects and programs for Memorial Health System and the Springfield community. Proceeds from the festival will be announced in 2016.
For more information about Memorial’s Festival of Trees, contact the Memorial Medical Center Foundation at (217) 788-4700 or visit MemorialsFestivalOfTrees.com.