< Back to Course Listing
Bariatric Surgery Overview Details
This course is part of the series Bariatric Online Orientation.
Available Credits: 1.00
Course DescriptionThis module is designed to provide you with an overview of bariatric surgical options offered at Memorial Medical Center. Objectives to this module include listing bariatric procedures performed at Memorial, describe how each procedure helps you lose weight, understand the benefits of using a laparoscopic surgical technique, describe the benefits and risks associated with each procedure, describe the expected weight loss outcomes and improvement and/or resolution of co-morbidities after each procedure.
- List the bariatric procedures performed at Memorial
- Describe the mechanism of action for each procedure
- Understand the benefit of laparoscopic technique
- Describe the benefits of each procedure
- Understand the risks and potential complications with each procedure
- Describe the expected weight loss outcomes after each procedure
- Understand the improvement and resolution of co-morbidities after surgery
Please Log in to view the presentation and to take the test.