MASH - Memorial's Annual Employee Giving Campaign
Employees of Memorial Medical Center reflect the true spirit of giving. MASH (Memorial Annually Supports Health), is an annual employee campaign that raises money for projects and programs that support patient care, education, and research at Memorial Medical Center.
Employees may choose how they would like their donation used. Unrestricted donations are awarded as grants to Memorial. Restricted donations are directed to a specific department, unit, program, fund or Memorial affiliate.
Unrestricted donations are used where the need is greatest and help the Foundation provide grants for patient care, education and research at Memorial. Departments with specific needs may apply for funding through the Foundation. Some examples of grants include:
- A new integrated care program to treat depression
- A study on the utilization and overuse of Memorial's Emergency Department
- A nursing study on the care of hospitalized patients with dementia
- End-of-life nursing education
- Music therapy for stress relief and pain reduction in post-operative patients
- MMC Nursing Research Conference
- Cancer Patient Assistance Fund - The Cancer Patient Assistance Fund was established to provide financial assistance to patients of Memorial's Regional Cancer Center. Donations to this fund pay for gas cards, rent, and similar needs for patients battling cancer.
- Mammography Patient Assistance Fund - This fund supports patients who may need additional testing after receiving a positive result from a mammogram but can't afford the associated expenses.
- Nursing Excellence Fund - The Nursing Excellence Fund was established so that Memorial can recognize its nurses, offer additional education opportunities, and honor the great work they do. The fund is used to advance professional development and foster nurses' continuing education.
- Sharing Wishes Fund - This fund provides financial support for fulfilling the last wishes of home hospice patients.
- SystemCARE - (CARE is an acronym for Contributions Are Resources for Employees) SystemCARE is an emergency fund for Memorial Medical Center employees and their families who are experiencing financial problems as a result of a catastrophic event.
This annual campaign is coordinated by a volunteer employee committee whose members represent a cross-section of Memorial employees. They develop the year's campaign theme, put together a MASH informational video for all employees to view, make presentations to departments and units, and plan the kick-off day celebration.
MASH 2013 Campaign
The 2013 MASH Campaign, SuperMASH, features a superheroes theme. The campaign has raised over $280,000 so far.
MASH Recognition Wall
The MASH recognition wall, located outside of Memorial's cafeteria, recognizes the outstanding generous support of all employees who participate in the annual campaign. Next time you visit Memorial Medical Center, be sure to view this impressive list of employees who help provide a great patient experience, make Memorial a great place to work and get greeat results.
For more information, please contact the Memorial Medical Center Foundation at (217) 788-4700.