About Memorial's Emergency Department
Memorial Medical Center expanded its Emergency Department in April 2011 by adding eight new patient care treatment bays. The eight additional beds strengthen the capacity to serve the approximately 200 patients who come to Memorial for emergency medical care daily. Patients see improved efficiency, enhanced privacy and safety as a result of this addition. The expansion also includes a nurses' station and will use FirstNet, Memorial's electronic medical records, for all patients.
Memorial's Emergency Department provides skilled, knowledgeable and experienced staff along with the latest technology to address healthcare emergencies. Our Chest Pain Center is right in the
Emergency Department. Our Stroke Center is one of the best in the country.
- Our state-of-the-art facilities are designed to accommodate more than 60,000 emergency visits annually.
- Memorial's fast, quality healthcare is provided in an average door-to-door time of less than 2-1/2 hours, compared to a national average of approximately 8 hours.
- Patient care teams of a physician, nurse and technician are assigned to patients during their stay.
- Memorial's Chest Pain Center is equipped and staffed to provide patients with heart attack symptoms with an EKG within 10 minutes, a completed physician evaluation within 25 minutes and (when necessary) start of a procedure to open blocked blood vessels in as little as 43 minutes.
- Our Star 80 program teams caregivers and physicians to open the heart blockage in patients suffering heart attacks within 80 minutes, 10 minutes less than the standard recommended by the American College of Cardiology.
- Our emergency room includes a dedicated, "speed-of-light" CAT scanner.
- Memorial's integrated, online medical imaging services provide high-speed, expert interpretation of advanced x-rays.
- Our expert on-staff radiologists are available to consult with physicians 24/7/365.
- The Regional Burn Center at Memorial is the only dedicated burn center in downstate Illinois and one of only three such facilities in Illinois.
- Memorial is certified by the Illinois Department of Public Health to provide pediatric care.
If you need more information, call (217) 788-3030, or email us.
Emergency Department or ExpressCare?
Should you choose Memorial's Emergency Department, Primary Care or ExpressCare? Learn more.