Children of Memorial Child Care perform "It's a Small World" at the
kick-off of the Annual Employee Giving Campaign - MASH.
MASH - Memorial's Annual Employee Giving Campaign
Employees of Memorial Medical Center reflect the true spirit of giving. MASH (Memorial Annually Supports Health), is an annual employee campaign that raises money for projects and programs that support patient care, education, and research at Memorial Medical Center.
Since the first campaign in 1989, employees have donated over $3 million to MASH to support projects and programs at Memorial.
Employees have three options for their MASH donations. First, employees may leave their donation unrestricted to help fund grants for programs at Memorial. Second, they may designate their donations to a specific department or unit. Finally, employees may designate their contribution to one of several major programs:
- Cancer Patient Assistance Fund - The Cancer Patient Assistance Fund was established to provide financial assistance to patients of Memorial's Regional Cancer Center.
- Compassion Leave Program - Employees may donate their earned paid time off for the benefit of employees experiencing a personal or catastrophic event.
- Nursing Excellence Fund - The Nursing Excellence Fund was established so that Memorial can recognize its nurses, offer additional educational opportunities, and honor the great work they do. The fund is used to advance professional development and foster nurses' continuing education.
- Sharing Wishes Fund - This fund provides financial support for fulfilling the last wishes of home hospice patients.
- SystemCARE - (CARE is an acronym for Contributions Are Resources for Employees) SystemCARE is an emergency fund for Memorial Medical Center employees and their families who are experiencing financial problems as a result of a catastrophic event.
This annual campaign is coordinated by a volunteer employee committee whose members represent a cross-section of Memorial employees. They develop the year's campaign theme, put together a MASH informational video for all employees to view, make presentations to departments and units, and plan the kick-off day celebration.
MASH 2012 Campaign
The 2012 MASH Campaign featured an Olympic theme. The kick-off celebration included a performance by Memorial Child Care, a mini, Olympics-themed competition, games, food and prizes. To date, employees have pledged almost $290,000 to this year's campaign, setting a new record.
MASH Recognition Wall
The MASH recognition wall, located outside of Memorial's cafeteria, recognizes the outstanding generous support of all employees who participate in the annual campaign. Next time you visit Memorial Medical Center, be sure to view this impressive list of over 770 employees who help provide a great patient experience, make Memorial a great place to work and get great results.
For more information, please contact the Memorial Medical Center Foundation at (217) 788-4700.