Festival of Trees designers donate their time and talent to create beautiful works of art in the form of trees and wreaths on display during the Festival. These elaborate and imaginative designs create the magical atmosphere that the Festival of Trees in known for.
The decorated items are selected by our sponsors during the lottery at the Festival of Trees Gala, a black-tie event held the weekend before the Festival begins. Items not selected during the lottery will be made available for sale during the Festival. This year's Gala will be held Saturday, November 16.
The trees and wreaths are provided by the Festival of Trees. Designers are responsible for providing all materials used to decorate their item. There is no fee to design.
Designers can choose from any of the following categories:
- Showcases - Showcases are decorated display rooms featuring a 7' tree and a 30" wreath.
- 7' Tree
- 4' Tree
- 30" Wreath
Designers receive benefits based upon the item(s) they decorate.
- Complimentary ticket(s) to the Festival of Trees Gala
- Complimentary ticket(s) to the Festival of Trees
- Listing in the Festival of Trees program
- Listing in the Festival of Trees special insert of the State Journal-Register
- Listing on the Festival of Trees recognition wall located at Memorial Medical Center
- Identification signage for your item
The Festival of Trees Designer Brochure provides additional designer information and a complete list of benefits for each category. If you would like to design an item for the Festival of Trees, please complete and return a Designer Contract. Contracts are due by September 15. Space is limited and Designer Contracts will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
If you would like more information, please email or call the Festival of Trees office at (217) 788-4301.
To view the 2012 award winners, visit the 2012 Designs page.